Importance of Education
Name – Hezequiel Castelli
Profession – Information Technology
Designation – Web & IT Head of department
Organisation – Ananda Sangha India
Age – 31
City – Pune
Work Experience (Years) – 9
Under-Graduation – Information Technology graduate in Granby, Q.C., Canada, CEGEP de Granby Haute-Yamaska
Please give us a summary of your Career.
I started as a programmer at IBM for my college internship in Canada, programming .NET in 2008.
After my internship, I was hired by IBM in the same position. After a few months, I left that job to join a startup in Granby, Canada, called Oui Marketing, and I became a web developer there, programming in .NET, then PHP.
I moved to India in 2010, where I took on website development duties for Ananda Sangha. Over time, I became the head of the department for IT and Web, regularly learning new technologies and working on the new back-end and front-end solutions.
Please describe your current Job Responsibilities.
1) Work on the development side of our main website for Ananda Sangha, as well as many of its tributaries, as the lead programmer with a small team of colleagues.
2) Develop the infrastructure to connect our internal database with our 3rd party marketing and communication tools.
3) Lead the team who develops, maintains and provides support to the internal database of our organization.
4) Participate in brainstorming sessions with the promotions and content departments.
5) Help guide and advice the online course’s department, as well as develop whatever tools they need.
6) Manage the finances of the IT and Website departments, as well as keeping track of other “online” departments’ finances.
7) Coordinate and organize the production of written articles, webinars, and video classes.
8) Anything else that has to do with anything online usually goes through me to a greater or lesser degree — either to develop it or to give approval or guidelines.
Average Income in IT Profession in the current scenario
Starting out/Fresher – 10-20 Lakhs Per Annum
5 Years of Experience – 20-40 Lakhs Per Annum
10 Years of Experience – 40-80 Lakhs Per Annum
15 Years of Experience – 40-80 Lakhs Per Annum
20 or more Years of Experience – 80+ Lakhs Per Annum
How do you rate the Income Potential in your career?
On an average, how many hours do you work per day?
More than 9 hours
On an average, how many days in a week do you work?
How often are you required to work in night-shift?
Does your work require you to travel?
Does your work require you to relocate to different town/cities?
How would you consider the job security in your profession?
Would you consider IT Profession Risky?
Because it’s a profession that moves very fast, it can be very safe for someone who’s willing to study and learn constantly. For someone who isn’t, they are at risk of being left behind.
Overall, how would you rate Work-Life Balance in IT Profession?
Overall, how would you rate Job Stability of IT Profession?
What are the different ways of entering IT profession?
To start programming is the first step. Everything comes out of that. Study hard, get a degree if possible, and if you are good, employers will line up to get you out of college. Don’t try to start on your own from the beginning: a structured company environment is very useful in honing your programming skills and disciplines you on best practices, etc.
How would you rate Stress-Level in your Profession?
How would you rate your office/work infrastructure?
How would you describe your co-workers?
Generally speaking, your work is
Overall, how would you rate Work-Culture in your Profession?
Importance of Education in IT Profession
Would you say that Education from top School/College plays a major role in the success in this Profession?
What level of Education is sufficient to be successful in this Profession?
Would you say that Studious students are generally successful in this Profession?
Hard-working and willing to learn constantly is how I would describe it
How would you consider the Cost of Education post 12th?
Overall, how would you rate the role of Education in your Profession?
According to you, what kind of person is likely to be Happy & Successful in IT Profession?
First Personality Trait – Prefer working alone or in small groups and focus on few tasks at a time
Second Personality Trait – Focus on possibilities and value innovation to come up with creative solutions to problems
Third Personality Trait – Prefer to make decisions by being sensitive and cooperative to others feelings
Fourth Personality Trait – Prefer to keep flexible plan and keep options open
Fifth Personality Trait – Prefer to seek new experiences and create new things
Sixth Personality Trait – Prefer to be self-disciplined and organised
Seventh Personality Trait – Prefer to be just and fair and not try to make everyone happy
Eighth Personality Trait – His/Her Family and Friends agree that S/he is usually relaxed, calm and happy
Please provide details
On most answers, I would have given a combination of both. For example, it’s possible to be easy-going and at the same time disciplined. Achieving a balance between the two extremes presented in those questions is my best advice. Except for the last question. In order to be fully efficient, one has to learn to be calm and relaxed, even in the midst of intense and focused activity.
What are some of the positives, which would encourage someone to join IT Profession?
1) It can provide a very good income, and it’s a job that is required more and more, with no signs of the demand stopping any time soon.
2) It provides ample opportunity to be creative, and those with good ideas can make them really stand out and shine.
3) It provides the opportunity to act as help and support for many people who will come to you with problems to which you will provide solutions in the form of code.
4) The internet community has an answer to any and every problem you could ever face regarding your work!
What are some of the negatives that you would want someone to be aware of when considering a career in IT Profession?
1) It can be quite demanding and stressful, and it needs a person who can remain balanced in the midst of pressure in order to be effective.
2) Mistakes (which WILL happen) can be very costly for your company or create lots of inconveniences. One has to learn to live with this fact and always do its best.
3) You will never be able to make it with the knowledge you have at any given moment: every day you will have to be willing to learn new things. Every few months, possibly a whole new technology will have to be learned, because the web world moves very fast.
4) Spending a lot of time at the computer and thinking in terms of cold-logic can easily de-humanize a person unless they balance it properly with physical exercise and good company.
Recognition in IT Profession
What is your family’s view of your Profession?
My Family is Impressed
What is Friends’ view of your Profession?
My Friends are Impressed
What is Society’s view of your Profession?
Society is Impressed
Overall, how would you rate the Recognition aspect of your Profession?
General Information of your Profession/Business
What kind of family’s financial background can maximize success in this profession?
It Doesn’t Matter
What is the ease of starting own business in this field?
How easy is it to move to a different country in this profession?
Now you have several years of work experience and you have seen professions of others. If you are taken back to 10th/12th class and allowed to pick a profession, then which profession will you pick and why?
I will pick the same, because I can exercise it from anywhere in the world, at any time, and clients (if you are a freelancer) are never scarce for someone who does a good job.